Are you tired of getting annoying setup notifications on your Android device? Does it appear too often? Don’t worry, because we have five effective solutions to get rid of Android setup notifications on your phone. You can also learn how to block pop-up notifications and full-screen ads on Android.
Also, Read | 2 Ways to Check Notification History on Android Smartphone.
Ways to Get Rid of Android Setup Notifications
Force Stop and Disable Android Settings App
The fastest way to turn off Android setup notifications on your Android phone is to force stop application manually and turn it off from the app settings.
1. Open the Settings app and press the Application Management ability to configure it.
2. Then press List of apps and press the three dots icon in the upper right corner for Show system apps.
3. Locate the Android setup app and tap it to set it up.
4. Next, press the Forced stop button and press the Disable button to permanently disable the application. This will prevent the setup app from pushing notifications to your Android device.
Disable notifications for Android settings app
If you don’t want to completely disable the app, you can simply disable the configure app notifications appearing on your Android system. Follow these steps for an easy fix.
1. Open the Android setup app from the list of apps present in your settings app to configure it.
2. Next, press the Manage Notifications option.
3. Disable the Allow notifications option to close all notifications from the Android settings app on your device.
Review App Permissions to Get Rid of Android Setup Notifications
Another effective method to get rid of Android setup app notifications is to revoke all permissions allowed and force close it. In this way, the Android system will delete all notifications from the app in the absence of the required permissions.
1. Open the Android Setup app in the app list to configure it.
2. Then press Permissions and review all allowed permissions for the app.
3. Tap each permission under the Allowed section and revoke it by tapping the Disallow option.
4. After revoking all authorized permissions, tap the Force close button to end all running instances of the application.
Connect your phone to WiFi and complete the setup
Another simple method to get rid of Android setup notifications is to complete it by connecting your device to a stable Wi-Fi connection. Then follow the on-screen steps to complete the setup wizard on your Android phone. After successful installation, the setup app notification will disappear automatically.
Remove “Complete Account Setup” prompt from your device
You may have often noticed the ‘complete account setup‘ is automatically displayed on new Android smartphones after completing the initial setup. This notification is produced by the Google Play Store and you can follow these steps to fix it.
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device through the Settings app.
2. Next, press the Used Storage option and press the Clear data and cache respectively to clear all temporary files related to the application.
3. Next, press the three dots icon in the upper right corner and press the Uninstall updates option.
4. You can now to restart the app manually to check if the issue has been resolved.
Bonus tip: update all apps from Google Play Store
Sometimes an existing issue or bug can cause problems with the Android setup app, which can trigger unnecessary setup notifications on your device. To solve this problem, you need to update all installed apps from the Google Play Store.
1. Open Google Play Store and tap your profile icon in the upper right corner.
2. Then press Manage apps and devices and press the Update all button to update all apps installed on your Android system.
3. Restart your phone to check if the issue has been resolved.
Related | How to hide sensitive Lockscreen notification content on Android.
Final Words: Fix Annoying Notifications
We hope you have now learned how to fix unnecessary Android setup notifications on your device. If this quick read helped you fix annoying notifications on your phone, hit the like button and share this read with your friends to guide them too. Stay tuned for more interesting troubleshooting reads.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.