This tutorial is about setting up and using Paytm. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to set up and use Paytm. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to set up and use Paytm
Since Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the demonetization of 500 and 1,000 rupee notes, Paytm and other mobile wallets have seen tremendous growth. Lack of money and long queues have made digital wallets a necessity for ordinary citizens, at least for those who own smartphones, and put Paytm at the forefront of users’ concerns.
Paytm claims over 150 million users, making it the largest online payment platform in the country. Yet, there are many more people in India who are still not using Paytm and its digital wallet. Are you also confused about what Paytm is, how Paytm works and what you can do with it? Then read this article on using Paytm.
- Paytm wallet: In Paytm wallet, you can add money and you can use it anywhere for payment transactions using its Qr code feature or using your mobile number.
- Paytm Mall: The second is Paytm Mall, with this feature you can shop online through Paytm.
- Paytm Bank: The third party is Paytm Payment Bank, you can use this function to open an account, then you will get debit card, checkbook and FD.
How to Create a Paytm Account
- If you have already created a Paytm account, you will need to click on “Connect to Paytm”. If you wish to create a new account, click on “Create a new account”.
- Enter your permanent mobile number, then click “Proceed safely”. After that, you will receive an OTP to verify your number.
- Enter your OTP and click “Proceed safely”. Paytm will then verify and request permission to “Allow Paytm to make and handle phone calls?”.
- Click the “Allow” button. You have now successfully created your Paytm account. Congratulations!!
How to Activate Paytm Wallet
Now your account has been created at Paytm. Simply click on the tree lines at the top left, then click on your “phone number”. Then you will be able to see your QR code. To use the QR code, you need to activate your wallet. So click on the “Activate now” button.
Paytm will then redirect you to a page where you need to submit all documents as per RBI guidelines. For example, Pan Card, passport, voter’s card, driver’s license or NREGA work card. Select one of the valid IDs above and enter your unique number.
Types of KYCs
From now on, your identity will be transmitted to Paytm. Before going into details, I want to tell you that there are two types of KYC at Paytm. The first is “MINI KYC” which we just did, and the second is “FULL KYC”. To get a full KYC, you need to go to the Paytm store which you can find near you.
How to Use Paytm Wallet
- Click “Add Money”
- Click on “Paytm Wallet”
- Enter the amount
- Click “Continue to add money”
- Select one of the options such as “Credit Card“, “Net Banking”, “BHIM UPI” or “Debit Card” to add money to your Paytm Wallet
- To add money from your debit card, add your debit card number, CVV code and expiration date, then click “Pay securely”
- You will now get an OTP from your bank. Insert the OTP number, then click the “Submit” button.
- The money will finally be added to your Paytm wallet
- To check your Paytm Wallet balance, click on “Passbook”
- There is another option in the menu called “Pay”. When you click this option, you can use QR codes to scan and pay your bill.
- If you want to send money via a mobile number, just enter the mobile number of the person who owns the Paytm account, then click “Continue” to pay the payment.
- There are many options on Paytm. For example, you can recharge your mobile number, book a movie ticket, you can pay your electricity bill, DTH, do your shopping and many more.
How to Use Paytm Bank
- Click on Paytm Bank then set up your Paytm Payments Bank access code
- After setting up the access code, you will have the option “Add a candidate for your bank account”
- If you want to add now, you can add it or you can also add it later. Click the checkmarks and then “Continue” to proceed.
- Wait a moment. To open an account with Paytm Bank, you must complete your full KYC.
- When your KYC is complete, your Paytm Bank account will be opened automatically.
- Your mobile number will be your account number. Here you will also get a debit card.
Final Words: How to Set Up and Use Paytm
Hope you understand this article How to set up and use Paytm, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.