This tutorial is about setting up Microsoft Teams. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to set up Microsoft Teams. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to set up Microsoft Teams
If you run your own business or are part of a workgroup at a large company, you probably need a place to communicate and collaborate with other people inside and outside your organization. organization. But you don’t have to pay for expensive collaboration tools like Office 365 or SharePoint because Microsoft Teams is free.
With the free version of Microsoft Teams, you get unlimited chat, audio and video calling, and 10 GB of file storage for your entire team, plus 2 GB of personal storage for each individual. Microsoft Teams integrates with all online office applications and over 140 line-of-business applications. Add up to 299 people to your network of contacts, who can be internal or external to your company.
Please note that the free version of Microsoft Teams is only available to those who do not have a paid Office 365 subscription. Office 365 subscribers attempting to sign up for Teams will be redirected to a managed account for their existing plan. Customers who don’t have a Teams license as part of an Office 365 subscription can sign up for a one-year free trial. In this article, we’ll show you how to set up Microsoft Teams.
How to set up Microsoft Teams
How to Create an Organization in Microsoft Teams
- Point any browser to “teams.microsoft.com” and sign in to your Microsoft account. You can create an account for free if you don’t already have one.
- Once you’ve signed in to your Microsoft account, select “Get the Windows app” to download and install the app on your Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, or Linux device.
- The browser-based version of the web app doesn’t support real-time calling or meetings, but sometimes it’s faster to access Teams through a browser. If you want to access Teams through your browser without downloading the app, click “Use the web app instead.”
- When the Teams app is first installed on your device, you may need to sign in again. Then click “Sign up for Teams” to start setting up your organization.
- A new web page will open where you can read a full list of features and compare pricing plans. Teams is free when used with other Microsoft Office 365 apps.
- If you’re joining an existing organization, choose “Already use Teams?” Sign in.” Once signed in, you’re ready to explore your organization’s existing Teams infrastructure and start chatting with your colleagues.
- If you are starting a new organization, click on “Join for free”.
- Enter your email then select “Next”.
- Enter your first and last name, as well as the name of your company or organization. When you’re done, click “Configure Teams”.
- Assuming your organization name isn’t already in use, Teams will start creating your organization and then open the web app.
- Once you’ve signed into Teams for the first time, it’ll ask for your name and photo (both optional) and then walk you through its interface and features.
How to invite people to your organization in Microsoft Teams
- You’ll receive an email with a link you can send to your coworkers to invite them to join your new Teams organization. Teams will also welcome you with this link when you first log in.
- You can always invite new people to your organization in the Teams app. Select the “Teams” tab on the left, then click “Invite people”.
- In this menu, you can copy an invite link to your clipboard, invite contacts directly from your email contact list, or invite people with different email addresses. These email addresses don’t have to be Microsoft email addresses, but your invitees will be prompted to use their email addresses to create a Microsoft account.
- Your guests will receive an email. To join the organization, your colleagues must click on “Join teams” in this email. They can also click on the “iOS” and “Android” buttons to install the mobile app for their respective device.
- You and your colleagues can now collaborate remotely within this organization in Microsoft Teams. You can create a better communication platform by creating new teams within your organization, integrating Teams with Office 365, and sharing your screen, files, or favorite chat photos.
Final Words: How to Set Up Microsoft Teams
Hope you understand this article How to set up Microsoft Teams, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.