- You can change your age on Youtube if you have already entered an incorrect date of birth, or if you have your parents’ permission to access restricted content.
- You would change your age on Youtube by changing the age of your Google account, because both are connected and will be updated simultaneously.
- Some Youtube content is limited to viewers 18 and over, while Youtube The stated policy is that children under the age of 13 should not use the site at all, especially not to download content.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
However, it is not very difficult to get around these age restrictions, and Youtube seems to know, because he recently got into trouble with the Federal Trade Commission for breaking children’s privacy laws. Google, Youtube parent company, had to pay a $ 170 million settlement for illegally collecting data from children under 13.
In addition, some mature content on Youtube is reserved for viewers aged 18 and over. If you do not meet the age requirements for some videos, depending on the date of birth you entered in your Youtube profile – you will not be able to watch these videos on your account.
If you want to change your age on Youtube, ideally, you have your parents’ permission to access adult content. Or maybe you just want to correct a date of birth that you entered incorrectly.
How to change your age on Youtube
1. Once logged into your account, click on your image or avatar in the upper right corner of the YouTube home page.
2. Click “Manage your Google Account” from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Click on the blue text that says “Personal Information” in the left column of the next page.
4. Click on the arrow next to your birthday.
5. Click on the pencil icon to change your date of birth.
6. Enter your new date of birth, then press “UPDATE”.
Now log out of YouTube and when you log back in your new age will be here.
Get the latest Google share price here.